Teaching is one of the most rewarding jobs there is. The opportunity to work with children and young people and share their experiences as they develop and explore the world under your guidance is a remarkable privilege. It is a complex job with many subtle nuances that can affect the success or otherwise of the teacher’s ability to support children’s learning.
Today’s teachers require many tools and tricks in their toolkit so that they can be flexible in their delivery of learning experiences and respond appropriately to the needs of their learners. OfSTED in particular is looking for teachers that responsively deploy effective strategies and it only a confident teacher with a clarity of understanding that can do this well.
The support below offers a comprehensive suite of activities that can benefit teachers new to the profession or those that have seen much change over the years.
Training & Services
- Principles of formative assessment
- Role of Learning Intentions & Success Criteria
- Strategies for the classroom
Marking & Feedback
- Requirements for effective feedback
- Developing a school policy
- Strategies & Feedback Framework
Effective use of Presentation Technology
- Master your interactive whiteboard
- Effectively use images, videos and music
- Add “wow” to your lessons
- Understand the role of learning objectives and success criteria
- Develop meaningful learning activities
- Plan for differing levels of ability
- Learn the principles of this established CPD method
- Develop strategies to address school specific issues
- Work collaboratively with colleagues and improve practice
- One-to-one teacher coaching support
- Tailored to needs and individual requirements
- One off sessions or ongoing programme of support
Sessions can be delivered individually (e.g. a staff meeting), or two could be delivered as half day training , or four would make a whole day’s INSET. Each session is approximately 75 minutes in length.
Workshop style sessions and will require attendees to have access to computing devices.
Services are charged at a flat or hourly rate.